I might be obsessed with these slim pieces of wood, especially at the cost of wood these days!. There are just so many things you can do with them. Since I inherited a box of paint sticks, anticipate more projects in the future. Krylon asked me if I wanted to participate in a project featuring a color pallet of their choosing. So they sent me two color pallets to use to create something summery.
Now, this certainly isnâ€™t a color pallet I normally would lean towards. But it does make a fun poppy outdoor address sign.
Since my builder basic plastic numbers werenâ€™t doing my house any favors I figured adding some POP of color could certainly help. I mean, after all, this is what I started withâ€¦
6 â€“ 5 gallon paint sticks
tape measure and pencil
Krylon spray primer
plastic address numbers
1. With my chop saw, I cut two paint sticks about 17â€ long. Then I cut up 4 other paint sticks to 5â€ for a total of 12 sticks. I sanded the sticks smooth so it would take the paint well. Wipe dust.
2. Next I spray primed all the wood pieces and the plastic numbers.
3. Then I sprayed 4 of each 5â€ stick with the three different colors.
4. The letters and the back 17â€ pieces got sprayed with the Krylon Natural Stone in Jasper.
5. After dry I glued the 5â€ pieces onto the 17â€ pieces using nickels as spacers. Let it dry overnight.
6. Using small nails, nail the numbers in place.
7. I used a nail gun in the 4 corners to tack it in place using a level to make sure it is straight.
And now I have some Spring POP to my front porch. Once I plant some flowers and my plants begin to bloom it is going to be gorgeous!
For more paint stick projects check out these fabulous projects below.
Disclaimer: This was a compensated project from Krylon. Reposted from April 2014.