If I am going to eat salad it has to be good. I don’t want to waste my healthy eating energy on bland, boring salads. Generally, that means fruit and nuts are a must. I was so anxious to try this Summer Ambrosia Salad from DOLE. It contains a burst of flavors with kiwi, papaya strawberry, and pineapple. And on top lies some avocado slices. It definitely tastes like a tropical vacation in your mouth. The bonus is all these ingredients are found readily at any grocery store and it comes together in a snap. So when DOLE asked me to share this recipe with my readers, I thought, you too might enjoy this taste of the tropics.
So we’ve been using our pool every day. My son was just dying to be able to have a pool party. It was 87 and sunny and my son and his friends were in hog heaven splashing and doing cannonballs. Amidst all the cake, ice cream, and pizza I was dying to have some REAL food. You can always tell I am in detox mode after a party by my grocery cart the next week. It is packed with fruits and vegetables. So I decided this Summer Ambrosia Salad was the perfect segway into healthy summer eating.
3 tbsp DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
1 pkg DOLE Butter Lettuce, Spring Mix
1-1/2 cups DOLE Frozen Sliced Strawberries
2 kiwi fruit, peeled, quartered, and sliced
1/3 cup light mayonnaise or salad dressing
2 tsp packed brown sugar
1 cup DOLE Frozen Tropical Gold Pineapple Chunks, partially thawed
1 DOLE Papaya, peeled seeded, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 small ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
1. Place salad blend, pineapple, papaya, strawberries, and kiwi in a large salad bowl.
2. Whisk together mayonnaise, juice, and brown sugar in a small bowl until blended. Add to salad mixture and toss to coat. Tip: You can purchase either a 46 oz. can of the juice or they now come on a 6 pack of 6 oz. juices.
I bet if you blended it all together in a blender it would taste like a drink you would find on an island. Add some chicken on top for some added protein and you have a full meal.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of DOLE Pineapple.
Pineapple, Papaya, Kiwi & Strawberry Ambrosia Salad
- 1 Whisker
- 3 tbsp DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1 pkg DOLE Butter Lettuce, Spring Mix
- 1-1.5 cups DOLE Frozen Sliced Strawberries
- 2 pieces Kiwi fruit, peeled, quartered, and sliced
- ⅓ cup Light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tsp Packed brown sugar
- 1 cup DOLE Frozen Tropical Gold Pineapple Chunks, partially thawed
- 1 piece DOLE Papaya, peeled seeded, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 piece Small ripe avocado
- Place salad blend, pineapple, papaya, strawberries, and kiwi in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, juice, and brown sugar in a small bowl until blended.
- Add to salad mixture and toss to coat.
- Divide the mixture between five or six salad plates.
- Arrange slices of avocado over each salad and serve.
- Add some chicken on top for some added protein and you have a full meal.