I want to introduce you to a FREE online service that could radically change the chore challenge in your home.
It is called MyJobChart
It is a COMPLETELY FREE service that allows you and your children to keep track of their chores.
The way it works is you:
1. Upload a picture or avatar of your child
2. Set up their jobs and point value (the site helps set the amount for you).
3. Choose a reward that your child may receive when they reach a certain threshold of points.
4. Once it is all set up your child can login and complete which tasks they have done for the day. Here is what Isaac’s dashboard looks like.
5. After Isaac logs in he puts a checkmark next to each job he did. Then I am sent an email to approve the jobs.
6. Once I approve them points are added to his account.
7. Once he reaches a certain threshold (that you have set) he may use his points to cash in for prizes from Amazon. This part you do have to pay for. They can also save them or use them as share rewards that you set as well
With today’s tech savvy kids I think this is an amazing resource. My 4 year old thinks it is pretty cool so far. We still have to walk him through it a bit but it keeps me accountable for having a system.
Are you frustrated by chores in your home? Have you found a system that works for you? I would love to hear about i.
Amazing idea! I can't wait to be able to use this with my little guy!
We've been using My Job Chart for a few months now and LOVE it. My kids race to get their chores done so they can log-in their points. It's been a really great tool for us.
We've been using this for over a year now and it's still an effective tool for my 6 and 4 year old boys. I love it because it teaches them the value of money (with points) without actually having to fork out the dough. It's so simple and easy to use…like I said, my 4 year old can do it!
I love this idea! Charley, my 4 year old is almost better with than the computer than I am I think! If only he was as good at chores than me!
Oh, I am going to look at this. It looks like something that might help my teenagers. I know they would love the amazon idea!!
I'm gonna use this for my husband! lol.
I usually just stick to my old standby system. It goes like this. I walk down the stairs and notice the railing is dusty. Then I notice a child who isn't doing much. I tell them to get a rag and dust 🙂 No reward 🙂 My girls do have a chart in their bathroom. I broke "cleaning a bathroom" into 6 parts. Every once in a while I have them do 1 part. I never get the bathroom clean all at once, but it makes it manageable for them.
Oh Lee Ann, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking. My kids are only babies, but when they can help around the house, I don't plan on using tangible rewards. I was the second of five kids and we NEVER got rewarded for doing chores. Actually, I take that back – our reward was not having our parents nag at us/make our lives miserable.
OMG thanks for posting this! I've been struggling with the whole chore thing, so I'm going to give this a shot!