Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! We love counting down to events in our house. Last year I made this Valentines Day Countdown, which was my very first Hershey Kiss Board and my most popular. Well I just pulled it out and loaded it up with kisses. I thought I would repost it for those who missed it the first time around. Laura from Say it on the Wall is now carrying the vinyl for this project.
12” x 12” board (I used MDF)
5/8 paddle drill bit
Krylon Cherry Red Spray Paint
Scrapbook paper of your choice
Hershey Kisses (Valentine’s edition)
Mod Podge (I used Gloss)
Foam Roller or brush for Mod Podge
1. Cut your board 12” x 12” — Home Depot or Lowes will do it for you. I eyeballed where to start the holes for the kisses it looks like the top of the holes are about half way down the board. Measure out every 1.5” and make a mark. This is where you will drill your holes. Using a 5/8” drill bit– drill your holes but do not drill all the way through the board. The top of the bit will poke through the back but don’t drill the wide part of the bit more than 2/3 of the way. This will allow the Hershey kisses to set in there and stay. This is what the bit looks like.
2. Lightly sand the board especially around the holes. Spray prime and paint it. I used Krylon’s Cherry Red Spray Paint.
3. Using my Silhouette machine I cut out “KISSES” out of a piece of patterned paper (it was a Love Notes pattern) in the Pharmacy font found at dafont.com.
4. Using gloss Mod Podge I adhered the letters to the board and then sealed the whole board with a coat of Mod Podge as well.
5. Then I printed and cut out the numbers 1 through 14 (with my Silhouette machine) and adhered them to the back of the Hershey Kisses with a Glue Dots.
6. Then I cut out the vinyl using the Premium White vinyl from Silhouette and adhered it to the board (font: Freehand 521 BT).
7. Set it on an easel, I got mine from the Dollar Tree, and you got yourself a fun countdown time!
Here is another version of it in pink.
Click here to purchase the vinyl from Say it on the Wall.
Click here to see more Hershey Kiss boards.
I love this idea! I have a Silhouette and tried to download the files, but I keep getting an error not found. 🙁
I loved this last year, and I love it again! SUCH a cute idea Beckie!
Oh, how I loved this project. 🙂 It got you started on a roll of awesome countdown boards!
I love all your Kisses countdown boards! Would you be willing to link up this post to my Valentine Link Party going on now? I’d love to have you! Thanks, Michelle
Love this Valentine countdown. I am hosting a Valentine contest, please stop by to link up for a chance to win.
This is such a cute idea and I just love how adaptable it is. I am stumbling this post. I am a new FB fan visiting from Somewhat Simple. Vicky from Mess For Less
I love this sweet idea! What a wonderful way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. I shared it on my CraftBliss Facebook page and linked back to you. ~Dee