Welcome to our second Roadkill Rescue party. Click here to see the projects from the first party.
I am bubbling with excitement to see all of your wonderful rescues. I will show you mine if you show me yours.
I found this bench at a repo’d house that was being cleaned out in preparation to be put back on the market.
It was a bit rustic and country for my taste but I was chomping at the bit to find a place to store all of our books in our playroom, which looked like this.
You could not see the spine of the books and they were shoved into the cubbies anyway they would fit. Storage is prime real estate in my playroom and the books were taking up too much space. The bench was wide enough to fit those huge board books in it. So I set to tweaking it and came up with this.
I will show you later on this week how I remade it but for now I want to see yours. Anyone can link up but if you want to be considered eligible for the drawing of our uber cool prize pack then here’s the party plan..
1. The object you makeover must have been completely free to you, meaning you found it on the side of the road, in a dumpster, someone gave it to you, or Aunt Nelly died and left it to you in her will. YOU DID NOT PAY A DIME FOR IT…got it? Good!
2. You can use or buy other things to help fix it up (spray paint, embellishments, ribbon, fabric, etc).
3. It does not have to be a piece of furniture. It can be some hand-me-down clothes you remade, a recipe you tweaked, a plastic container you recycled. It just has to be headed for the trashcan before you came along.
4. You must have a before and after photo of it. You must have completed the project and not just pulled something out of the trash. Remember you are rescuing it to use it and give it a premier spot in this world.
5. You must have the Roadkill Rescue button somewhere in your post or sidebar. Copy the code from the right hand side of my page.
6. It doesn’t have to be a new post, you can use an older post as long as it applies to rule #1.
Let’s the bash begin…