Reupholstery Week Post 3

If you missed the previous two posts click here for post 1 and here for post 2.

Alright Amy and I have nasty, dirty hands by now from all the tugging and stapling and the paint rubbing off…but we are getting closer to done.

IMG_1571IMG_1544 When we got to the arms it got a little tricky.  We stapled down some single cording on the back of the curved arms so that it would give custom look.IMG_1545 Then we had to add curve-ease ply grip to the arms in order to fold the fabric over.  This curve-ease allows you to have a nice finished edge when there is no frame for you to staple your fabric around. To use curve-ease you staple it down next to the piping.

IMG_1548

IMG_1547Next fold the teeth down but not all the way.  You want it opened enough to tuck your fabric in. 

IMG_1546

Now grab your fabric and pull it taut and tuck it into the teeth.  Cut away the excess fabric.  Fold it over and pound it shut with a rubber mallet.IMG_4355Look at how nice it looks.  I am touching the curve ease under my finger so you can see what a nice edge it gives.  Curve—ease ROCKS!IMG_1591 Then I stapled single cording at the bottom of the chair even with the front edge of the chair. When I got to a leg I would make a cut in it so it would wrap around the leg nicely. IMG_1550  IMG_1551Here you can see it all stapled in place. IMG_1592 While Amy started on the cushions, I got my “glue on” with my hot glue gun and started gluing the double cording all around the chair covering the staples and giving it a nice finished look.

IMG_4364

Click here to read part 4