It is this time of the year again and oh my Gosh I love it so much. These Halloween Monster Burgers are so fun and easy to make! I have used one Gluten-Free bun and one normal bun in this video below. And I have listened to my son who suggested a 3 eyed monster.
The Best Beef Burgers – Chef’s Secret
One thing I recently learnt about burgers (surprisingly!) is that the best chefs don’t use spices at all when cooking their beef burgers! Apparently, between you and me, the secret is in the quality of the meat. Did you know that?!
So I went ahead and bought half a pound of the Best Ground Beef I could find and made my burgers totally with nothing. Only added salt and pepper when they are cooking. Shockingly good, try it.
I am using vegan cheese as well since I avoid dairy as much as I can. One plus point is that these cheese is, not only delicious – you cannot even tell is not cheese lol – but very easy to manipulate for our matter here.
Making the Monster Eyes
Play with your imagination here. I used:
- Garlic stuffed olives
- Mini yellow peppers
- Mini red chillies
- Sliced black olives
- 1 boiled egg
So I grabbed some olives, mini chilly peppers, mini yellow peppers, gherkins and a boiled egg. The egg is the winner since it makes that terrifying big eye standing out the little eye balls.
The possibilities are endless. Using the chillies for ears would have been another great touch. And using longer sticks, maybe kebab sticks instead of these cocktail sticks will be even batter.
Taking my own notes here for next time.
Of course I broke quite a few olives and had a bit of trial and error but that comes as a given.
They ended up quite good in my opinion.
We are really fans of barbacue sauce instead of ketchup, hence the darker color. I’ll soon post my Homemade BBQ sauce as well!
Check my Homemade Jack Daniels Sauce recipe here. It comes with Free Printable.
I served them with jumbo sweet potatoes chips and they were a complete success. I am planning my next batch of Halloween scary monster burgers and have some ideas in the oven.
Halloween Monster Burgers (Scariest!)
- 0.5 pound Ground Beef
- 100 g Cheese Slices
- 2 pieces Garlic Stuffed Olives
- 8 pieces Gherkins (Sliced)
- 100 g Mini Yellow Peppers
- 6 pieces Mini Red Chillies
- 6 pieces Sliced Black Olives
- 1 Piece Boiled Egg
- 14 Pieces Toothpicks
- Take a regular burger bun and slice it into two equal halves.
- Take the ground beef.
- Add salt and pepper as per taste requirement.
- Place beef as the burger filling.
- Slice vegan cheese to create teeth and other parts of the monster.
- Slide cheese slices above the beef.
- Take some olives, mini chilly peppers, mini yellow peppers, gherkins and a boiled egg for eyes.
- Use chillies or kebab sticks for ears.
- Arrange them above the bun.
- Serve with sweet potato chips.