I needed one last piece in the corner where my new mini bookshelf went in the guest room to kind of tie it all together and balance the long skinny shelf. I made a sign which reads “The ornament of a house is the guests who frequent it.” It is a quote I tweaked a little (changed friends to guests) from Ralph Waldo Emerson and I made it into a free guest room art 8” x10” printable in several colors for you (see below).
Krylon Spray paint in Coral Isle
2 screws and some wire to create a hangar on the back
1. I cut a board to the size I wanted and then I put two coats of primer on it.
2. I used 2 Peas Tubby and Channel for my fonts and then designed the layout in my Silhouette studio program.
3. I cut it out with my Silhouette SD onto contact paper and used transfer paper to align my letters onto my cut MDF board.
5. Then I sprayed a light coat of primer over my letters just so that I would get less bleed when I went to spray the coral spray paint on it.
6. Once dry I sprayed the Coral Isle spray paint over that giving it two light coats a couple of minutes apart.
7. Once that was dry I took a stick pin and slowly peeled my vinyl away to reveal the white primer underneath.
Then I attached wire and 2 screws on the back to create and hangar and hung it on the wall.
I created a free 8″ x 10″ printable for you in several colors. Let me know if you need a different size or color. Click on the color you would like to be taken directly to the download page.
Hi Becky — is it just me or the red not downloadable?
Great idea for a guest room, Beckie! I used the same quote for a Christmas party theme once! Thanks for the printable. 🙂
i couldn’t download the red either…;9(
Oh so pretty! I can’t wait to make this for our guest room! Thank you.