I love big and unique jewelry pieces. That is why I adore this puffy fabric flower necklace from Ashley at The Shine Project. When I saw her supply list I thought it was too good to be true. I seem to overcomplicate tutorials. This one is easy enough for the beginning crafter. Please welcome Ashley to IC. ~ Beckie
Did you know that it’s scientifically proven that
creating something makes you less stressed?
Okay, I totally made that up, but I swear it’s true.
I’m Ashley from The Shine Project, This is me grumpy.
Just home from a rougghhh day at work, and on to my endless homework.
I started to throw myself a pity party.
It lasted about 3 seconds, and then I decided I was going to make something.
So I did.
I’ll pass along this delicious recipe for you to pull out in times of pity parties 🙂
1. Hot glue gun
2. Felt square
4. Necklace chain
1. Cut out two 1.5 inch circles from your felt, and one 2 inch circle.
2. Use those circles as tracers to cut out A LOT of circles from your chosen fabric.
3. Lay out your felt circles. and Fold your fabric circle in half and then in half again pinch a piece of your fabric from the bottom of it. It should look like the picture above. (Here’s where my tutorial pics start to slack because I literally hot glue-gunned my finger)
4. Put a drop of hot glue on the fabric, and stick it to the felt.
5.Repeat until all of your felt circles are filled…and you should end up with something like this:
6. Flip your flowers over and hot glue your necklace chain to them. Place another layer of felt over the chain so the chain is covered in the back.
AND YOU’RE DONE!
I have a new rule.
Anytime I am really grumpy, I am going to take a break and go make something.
Try it, it seriously makes you happy. Come see me over at The Shine Project for more ideas on how to find relief from stress in your life!
I threw a bird and branches baby shower for a friend last weekend. It was a very inexpensive theme because I was able to use a lot of outdoor elements for free. Check out all the sweet little details I added to make this shower spectacular.
That is absolutely adorable, and I love the fabric you used!
I just started a new blog, I’d love for you to come check it out!
Gotta love polka dots. Way cute!!!
Cute and Easy! Love it!
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!
That is very cute and I agree that creating takes the stress away. It relaxes me.
That is too cute!! Love the polka dots, and I definitely agree about how being creative can brighten your mood. 🙂
LOVE it!! I’ve been wondering how to make those kinds of flowers. Thanks for the tuturial. I totally agree with you, when I create I feel so much happier. I think it makes me a better wife and mom too, just sometime to myself to do something for me. Now I’m going to go make one, well I guess I’ll have to wait till after I make dinner… Thanks again 🙂