Oil is an important and lucrative industry worldwide; we are not referring to crude oil in this case, but essential oils market. Young Living Oils, an American company, is the industry leader. But do they come from China?
Young Living Oils do not come from China. They are produced on farms in Canada, Mexico, Hawaii, America, and other countries. Each farm grows and harvests plants best suited for the specific environment ensuring the purest essential oils.
In 2020 the global estimated market size for essential oils was $18,6 billion, and demand is increasing. Young Living Oils plays a leading part in the wellness community and essential oil movement arena by producing high-quality essential oils.
Read on the Essential Oils Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report here.
Where Are Young Living Oils Made?
Young Living Oils start out as plants. After harvesting the plants, they extract the oils. The extraction process allows the essential oils to retain the natural smell and flavor of the plants.
Living Oils have dedicated farms all over the world that produce an array of oils. In North America, Mexico, Canada, and Hawaii.
Besides their own farms, Young Living Oils pride itself in only sourcing high-quality oils from carefully chosen corporate-owned farms, partner farms, and Seed to Seal-certified suppliers.
Essential oils are in high demand. To ensure continuous supply Young Living invested time and money in securing partnerships with farms worldwide. Young Living now has producers on six continents.
Dedicated partners produce oils on farms in Africa, North America, South America, Asia, Europe and Australia.
More on YL oils: Can I use Young Living oils in Cooking?
From the Dalmatia aromatic farm and distillery in Croatia to the Whispery Springs farm in Mona, Utah, in the USA, farmers plant, harvest and distil with great care and dedication.
Likewise, farmers producing these oils take great care during every stage, from seed to seal, to ensure the highest-grade oils.
Young Living oils and their producers are working closely together. The process of distilling oil starts way before planting the seeds.
They carry out all sort of tests to measure from the air quality to the water and soil before planting any seeds in a new farm. The quality of these elements plays an essential role in the quality of oil produced.
After all the testing and the results are available, Living Oils will determine which botanicals will thrive best on a specific farm. Only then will the planting of seeds commence.
The aim is to ensure that all the conditions are optimum for planting specific plants to ensure good yields.
Young Living Oil Farms
Young living produces and distils essential oils on their own farms and partner farms that produce oils on their behalf. These partner farms are on different continents making sure diversity and best possible areas are at play.
Young Living Oils owns the following seven farms.
- Young Living Lavender Farm and Distillery was established in 1995 in Mona, Utah, USA. The farm produces and distills lavender, golden rod, melissa, clary sage, juniper, and blue yarrow essential oils.
- Tabiona, Utah, USA, is home to Skyrider Wilderness Ranch. The farm was established in 1997 and produces, amongst others, einkorn, lavender, melissa, and goldenrod oils.
- The Highland Flat Tree Farm grows and distills oils derived from coniferous trees, including Idaho blue spruce, Idaho grand fir, and white fir. This beautiful farm was established in 1999 and is situated in Naples, Idaho.
- In 2006 Young Living Oils established a farm called Finca Botanica Farm and Distillery in Chongon, Ecuador, in Central South America. This farm produces oil year-round. Plants thrive in the tropical climate of Guayaquil, producing yields throughout the year. Oils produced on this farm include palo santo, mastrante, ylang-ylang, dorado azul, eucalyptus blue, and Ecuadorian origanum.
- Established in 2018, the Mera Ocotea Farm in the Pastaza province of Ecuador produces ocotea essential oils. The one-hundred-and-twenty-acre farm will soon produce ocotea essential oils from six thousand trees.
- Simiane-La Rotonde Lavender Farm and Distillery is situated in Simiane-La Rotonde, France. The farm was established in 1996, and the oils sourced include hyssop, oregano, einkorn, clary sage, and lavender.
- Spit, Croatia, is home to the Dalmatia Aromatic Farm, established in 2014. The farm produces dalmatia sage, laurel bay, and helichrysum.
YL Partners In Farming Essential Oils
Partnering with accredited farmers ensures a sufficient supply of essential oils. In addition, Young Living oils set the standard and control the harvesting and distilling processes, ensuring premium quality products.
Young Living oils partnered with the following seven farms to produce and distill high-quality products.
- Muscat, Oman, in Asia, houses the Arabian Frankincense Distillery, which produces sacred frankincense oils.
- Taitung, Taiwan, is home to the Taiwan Cooperate Farm and Distillery, which sources oils from appointed smaller farmers. The smaller farmers produce and deliver oils for distillation to the company. Oils produced and distilled include camphor wood, xiang mao, jade lemon, and hong kuai.
- The Happy Pili Tree Farm and Distillery supplies botanicals for elemi essential oils. The farm with the quant name is situated in the Philippines’ Bicol region.
- Einkorn essence oil is farmed in Sault, France, on a farm called Golden Einkorn Farm.
- Australia houses two partner farms, the Old River Sandalwood Farm, which cultivates sandalwood trees from which the sacred sandalwood oils are distilled. In addition, the Outback Botanical Rescue and Distillery near Darwin, Australia, grows cypress pine trees that produce blue cypress tree oils.
- Amanzi Amahle Cooperative Farm and Distilleries is situated in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Selected farmers throughout this region deliver tea tree, eucalyptus, lemon, orange, and grapefruit botanicals to the distillery.
- Central China is home to the Ningxia Wolfberry Farm, where Young Living Oils source the ever-popular wolfberry puree, wolfberries, and wolfberry seed oils.
What Makes Young Living Oil Unique?
Young Living oil owns two special instruments called Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry instruments, referred to as IRMS instruments. Young Living oils use these instruments to determine if oils are natural or synthetic, allowing them to only deliver oils of the highest standard.
Young Living Oils are toxin-free and contain natural ingredients. Using essential oils benefits your health. You can refine your beauty routine or even purify your house. Find your essence!