Felt, Leather or Faux Leather Material (1 9×9 square per flower)
A clip (I got a package at the Dollar Store)
Here’s what you do:
1. Cut 6 flowers out of your material. I made a handy download to make things even easier.
2. Cut out two 3 inch x 3 inch squares
3. Cut out 2 leaves of an alternating fabric.
4. Take one of the flowers. Put a bead of glue in the center and fold it over.
5. Then put another bead of glue in the center and fold it over again — so it’s quartered.
6. Do this to all 6 flowers.
7. Lay one of the squares in the middle of your work space.
8. Hot glue the leaves to one end of the square.
9. Hot glue two of the flowers to one end of the square. Put the straight edge of the flowers against each other so that the curves sides face outwards.
10. Take two more folded flowers and hot glue them in the center of the flower, facing up, so you are gluing the straight edge of the flower to the square.
11. Take the remaining two flowers and glue them to the other side of the square. Use your fingers to squeeze the flowers together as the glue cools.
12. Open the clip and slip the square through the middle of the clip. Shut the clip and then glue one side to the flower.
You can add a bead to the center too if you want to add a little color or pizazz!
Thanks for letting me come over Beckie!! It’s been fun!
You are most welcome friend. Jen is my very favorite craft blogger. I know every single one you follow her already so introducing you to her is probably silly. But check out Jen’s most recent project. There is a party in her pantry!
Welcome to Day 4 of Pennywise Presents. Today we have Jen from Tatertots & Jello visiting to show us how to make a flower embellishment. Flower pins, headbands and belts are everywhere tight now. Come ride the rage and check out this tutorial.
Hi! I’m Jen from Tatertots and Jello! I’m so excited to be here on Beckie’s blog – I adore her (the feeling is mutual friend) . I love making things that are beautiful for almost nothing, so when Beckie said she was going to do this Pennywise Presents series — I jumped at the chance to participate!
Today I’d love to share a little tutorial on how to make flowers that can be used for all kinds of different gifts!
You could even make some paper ones and use them on gifts!!
I made one out of leather and I love it clipped to a belt. So much fun! Did you know that you can buy bags of leather remnants at Hobby Lobby for as little as $2?? And then use the pieces to make great leather accessories!!
This is a 15 minute gift idea that will cost you between $1-$2 for each flower and they make great gifts!
Here’s what you need:
Cute cute cute and it looks like something even I could do!
These flowers are functional and absolutely fabulous! This makes me want to get crafty after work and try this! Thanks for sharing!
PS: Enter my giveaway for a Pier 1 Gift Card @ http://www.modgarden.blogspot.com
These flowers are great! I need to make some. 🙂
Thanks for letting me come by Beckie!!! I love your Pennywise Series!
I LOVE this idea, totally see them decorating several projects I want to do for christmas thanks for sharing.
Love these!! They're perfect for several people on my list!! 🙂
How nice of you to share: these are beautiful! I'd love to make some–but can't open the page with the downloaded flower pattern. Just checking to see if the link was working (or if maybe my own computer is the problem). Thank you so much for this lovely and versatile flower idea!
Love this idea too. @Jana–I couldn't open the download either, so it's not your computer. I hope that gets fixed, cuz that's handy.
Love this! Jen never fails to impress!
The download works now! I love this idea, and can imagine making dozens of them. The one in red is really stunning.
I love this project and the flower does NOT look inexpensive. Great tutorial and pics of various uses. Thanks for sharing! Off to check out that cute pantry 🙂
Jen these flowers are beautiful. I did not know you could buy leather bits like that, I will look for them now. Thanks!
these are so cute! i'm your newest follower 🙂
I just made my first one and it's adorable! When my boys wake up from nap time, we are hitting up the dollar store for more clips. They're going to look adorable on all the girl presents we're giving this year!
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for, but the flower I want to do is made out of satin, should work the same. Thanks again!
It is perfect! I went to a shoe store and saw a suede peep toe black pumps with a matching suede flower (like yours) and said to myself,"I got a pair of suede peep toe pumps, I just need to MAKE the matching flower clip, and it's done!!" Thanks for sharing!
Nice….I usually make these with paper but now i'll try it out for a leather proj I have at hand. thanks 🙂
Thank you very much for sharing these wonderful blooms….I will be sure to share the link with my readers on The Handmade Flower Directory.