Since my Non-Gluten journey started not that long ago, still hadn’t found a Gluten Free crusty artisan bread like this one.
Recently visited my best friend and she made it for me. Quick and easy and incredibly delicious. No sugar at all and totally healthy.
You would not tell it is Gluten Free!
The Ingredients for this crusty artisan bread are:
- 250 gr Schar Gluten Free flour Mix
- 20 ml oil of your choice (here is Bran Rice oil)
- 225 ml lukewarm water
- 5 gr dry yeast
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
Check the video here:
Making the crusty artisan bread:
1. Add the ingredients in this order:
Add the water slowly.
Use the Electric Mixer Machine (I didn’t have one of these!) and run and bought one. So cheap and effective!
2. Mix with the hand mixer for a few minutes
Once all incorporated, let the dough rest for an hour at least at room temperature. Cover with a cloth.
After that time, give it another mix with the Hand mixer for a couple of minutes and place the dough in a floured surface.
3. Shape the dough to the desired form
We did it round but place it in a rectangular tin. Let it rest another 20 minutes covered.
4. Spray with water
So it doesn’t dry too much and make three little cuts on the top with a knife.
5. Bake for about 40min at 200 C / 390 F
And it is as simple and quick like that. It is crusty on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. What a treat!
Check my Curious George Monkey Bread recipe as well.
Gluten Free Crusty Artisan Bread (no kneading!)
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Electric Hand Mixer
- 1 Scale
- 250 gr Non-Gluten Flour Bread Mix by Schar
- 20 ml Oil Bran Rice Oil
- 225 ml Lukewarm Water
- 5 gr Dry Yeast
- 1 Tsp Himalayan Salt
- Add the flour first.
- Add the oil
- Add the yeast
- Add the Salt
- Add the water slowly while mixing it for a few minutes until is all incorporated.
- Let it rest for 1 hour covered.
- Mix again for a couple of minutes
- Shape it in a floured surface
- Place in a tin
- Sprinkle with water
- Make three cuts on the top
- Bake for 40min at 200 C/ 392 F