You make these Cinnamon Vanilla Protein Pancakes in the blender! How does that sound?
So for over a year my husband and I have enjoyed these amazing protein pancakes/ waffles from the Trim Health Mama cookbook.
Basically, it is a high protein pancake that doesn’t have all the processed carbohydrates in it. It has over 20 grams of protein a serving and they are delicious.
The only problem is my husband likes them as pancakes and I like them as waffles. You can top them with some sugar-free syrup like we do or you can add 100% maple syrup if you would rather.
With the addition of vanilla and doTERRA cinnamon, these are out of this world. We have these at least 5 times a week and they can be made ahead of time and heated up.
Or make the batter ahead of time like I do, the cinnamon flavor only intensifies after time.
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup of egg whites
- 1 tbl sweetener (I use something similar to Truvia)
- 2 tsp. of aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 tbl of vanilla
- 4 drops of doTERRA cinnamon bark
How To Make the Pancakes in 3 Steps
Well, it could not be easier. I really enjoy these recipes where you just throw it all in together. Same happens with my other pancake recipe Easiest Gluten Free Pancake Recipe Ever – No Flour!.
All done in the blender!
- Add all the ingredients to a high powered blender and blend for one minute.
- Make sure you remove the batter from any plastic blender cup immediately since the cinnamon is strong and can leach into the plastic.
- Make your pancakes or waffles. ENJOY!
Can I store the Pancake Batter?
Yes, you can. However, keep in mind if you decide to keep the batter that you need to store it in a glass bowl in the refrigerator because essential oils are powerful and leach into plastic.
Tops Uses for doTERRA Cinnamon Bark Oil from The Essential Life Book:
- Diabetes & High Blood Pressure
- Cold & Flu
- Cholesterol & Heart Issues
- Oral Health
- Fungus and Bacteria
- Kidney Infection
- Vaginal Health
- Low Libido
- Muscle Strain & Pain
Keep in mind that if you use Cinnamon Bark oil topically it needs to be diluted with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil.
One of the best ways to take cinnamon bark oil is internally.
Try it in your tea or coffee.