I created some calendar magnets for my new and improved magnetic dry erase photo frame calendar. Now I have 31 magnets that I can just swap around instead of writing in the days each month.
1” wood circle discs
Spray paint and primer
Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
1” hole punch or digital cutting machine
e-6000 or similar glue
1. Print out numbers 1-31 on patterned cardstock or paper. using a hole punch or a digital cutting machine cut the number out into 1” circles.
2. Spray prime and paint the little wooden discs.
2. Spread Mod Podge on the back of the 1” numbered circles and glue them onto the wooden discs. Seal the tops with Mod Podge as well.
3. Spread a thick coat of Mod Podge Dimensional Magic (this is not the same as regular Mod Podge) onto the circles. Start squeezing the Dimensional Magic around the edge of the circle working your way in until it is all covered. Put a nice thick coat on.
4. Wait 24 hours for them to dry. Glue a magnet onto the back and stick them onto your magnetic dry erase calendar. The Dimensional Magic provides a nice thick clear coat that looks like it is embedded under a bubble.
Oh I love this! I’ve been wanting to do something similar for my own magnetic calender! I can’t wait to try this!
I’ve got to try the modpodge stuff! It looks so AWESOME!
Let me know if you do it. I love Dimensional Magic…it is such a fun medium!
Oh you must, it is so fun!
Those are super cute! Thanks for the great idea, I’ll be linking.
I am so curious to try the dimensional Mod Podge- it looks fantastic! This is a really cute idea:)
Those turned out great. What kind of printer did you use to print the numbers. When I have mod podged printed stuff in the past the ink smeared.
great calendar! visit me sometime!
That is some cool stuff. I’ve never heard of it before. Looks great!
Just a regular inkjet printer. You have to coat the paper though with a layer of Mod Podge before you put the dimensional magic on it.
Oh it is really fun! A lot of scrapbookers use it to highlight and add depth to pages.
Beckie girl…great idea. I have a magnetic calendar that never gets updated…hate wiping it down and rewriting all the numbers again. Love this idea. I am curious though, what is that weird thing with the little sticks that you spray painted your disks on? Is it made for drying or something…SUPER CURIOUS!! Thanks for another great post. Love your blog!