I have decided to give you my “Top 10” before & after pictures. Ready?
10. Magazine rack. I found it for a quarter at a yard sale and made it over to match my decor.
It is amazing what a little black spray paint (Canyon Black, of course) and some new fabric can do. Click here for more information. 9. Mirror for Kayla’s room. I found this for $5 at a yard sale and and spray painted it and distressed it for that “chippy, antique”
look. I love the girly, swirly shape of it.
Every time I wake Kayla up I hold her and she looks into the mirror and I say “Who is that pretty girl?” and she smiles. Click here for more information.
8. Big Boy to Baby Girl Rocker. This was my first attempt at reupholstering a piece of furniture. Click here for my information.
7. I got this vintage chair for $20 at a Salvation Army. I remade it over to have a little “wow” factor in my guest bedroom. Click here for more information.
6. I got this beat up bunk bed set for $25 at a local thrift store. After putting about an additional $75 into it, this made for a perfect bed for my son transitioning into a big boy room. Click here for more information.
5. Chandelier. I got this for $10 off of Craigslist and it added the perfect bling to Kayla’s room. A chandelier fit for a princess. Click here for more information.
4. Refinishing my bedroom suite was my first stripping and refinishing project. I literally spent 40+ hours sanding, stripping, staining, and sealing this dresser. I had this set growing up as a little girl so it is sentimental to me. After 10 moves it had taken a beating and was one step away from the trash. Now I hope to have it forever. Click here for more information. 3. My Roadkill Rescue puppet theater I get to enjoy daily as I watch my son and daughter play “Snack Shop” behind it. Click here for more information.
2. My lamp makeover. I got that ugly thing for $5 at a yard sale and truly turned it into one of my favorite masterpieces. I turn this lamp on everyday and I smile every time I do. Click here for more information.
1. And my very favorite before & after has to be my kitchen. For a mere $216 I turned my kitchen from drab and dated to updated and GORGEOUS! I get to enjoy this space everyday, all day! Click here for more information.