Well, I’m happy to say that I’ve finished shopping for all of the big things on my list–they’ve been carefully hidden, waiting for Christmas. Now I’m ready to tackle the little things on my list. Have you ever noticed that the little gifts aren’t necessarily the easiest ones to wrap? Unless those pint-size presents come from a jewelry store, they don’t often come with their own little box. And while I know it’s the thought that counts when it comes to gift-giving, I’m the kind of gal that loves giving (and getting!) creatively. That’s why I’m excited to share these five ways to wrap little gifts with you, today.
1. Washi Tape Gift Bags These petite little packages are crafted from envelopes and Japanese washi tape. With all the different colors and patterns washi tape comes in, you could go wild making big batches of these little gift bags! View the full tutorial for these darling bags at Simply Modern Mom.
2. Fabric Pouches Here’s a sweet way to add a personal–and homemade!–touch when you give a gift card. See Kate Sew has step-by-step instructions for making these tiny button-flap fabric envelopes. These might come in handy for several small items I need to wrap.
3. Pop-Top Cans Here’s a fun idea from Fave Crafts that’s both creative and environmentally responsible. Learn how to repurpose those pop-top aluminum cans in your pantry into pretty packaging. I think these could make great New Year’s Eve party favors, too.
4. Paint Chip Boxes How About Orange has another eco-friendly gift wrap idea: paint chip boxes! Check out how you can turn all those chips you have stuffed in your junk drawer into colorful boxes for the tiniest of presents.
5. Cardboard Tube Tuffets This is a fun way to transform pantry staples into petite-size packaging. Aunt Peaches used toilet paper tubes and coffee filters to create these darling gift packs. (Don’t miss the cute tie-dyed ones below the tutorial!) I hope you enjoy seeing these five ways to make a big impact with a little gift.
Now it’s your turn: tell me your tips for wrapping tiny presents.
The winner of the Flipawoo $50 Design Package is:
Congratulations Kim please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to claim your prize!
All so cute! I love creative wrapping!!!
I love these ideas! If you don’t mind, I’d love to share on my blog. It’s an early childhood blog, but we’re all about christmas ideas these days. I’ll link back to you of course.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Woot! Email sent. THANKS..
Please do thanks!