So I am no wine connoisseur. In fact I haven’t found a wine I like. But maybe my taste buds will develop beyond a 5-year old one day and I won’t be so picky and I might enjoy a glass. However, I have friends and family who love going to wine tastings and trying different kinds of wine. To them it is a hobby. So today I made a glittered double wine gift bag perfect for giving to a wine-loving individual on your Christmas list.
Sewing Machine and thread
Silhouette Cameo machine
Wine Words File
If you are considering purchasing a Silhouette machine now is the time. It is the best deals of the year. Use the code IHEARTIC for deep savings.
A couple of years ago, Uncommon Goods had a double wine totes for $22. Knowing how inexpensive canvas totes are I knew this would be a great way to present wine. I used the Tulip Shimmer Sheets and my Cameo machine to cut out the glittered wine bottle shapes and then ironed them onto the double tote.
1. First I measured the middle of my canvas bag and sewed a line down the middle of it (see photo below) ending right before where the bottom lies flat.
2. I designed wine bottles with “wine words” in them in my Silhouette studio program (font: Accord SF).
3. Then I took a Tulip Shimmer Sheet and burnished it to the Silhouette carrier sheet. I changed my setting to a speed of 6, thickness to 33 and a blade depth to 7 with a double cut. My Silhouette machine cut this like butter.
4. I peeled the letters and excess Tulip Shimmer Sheet away and was left with my sparkly wine bottle image. I cut out “Chablis, Riesling, Merlot and Moscato but you could use any words you want. I cut two bottles onto one of the glittered sheets.
5. I set the cut out shimmer sheet onto the front of my canvas tote and put a press cloth over the top and ironed it for 40 seconds. Then I ironed on the little pieces like the middle of the o’s, a’s and b’s. I ironed on 4 total wine bottles, 2 on the front and 2 on the back.
6. Add two bottles of wine and you have a great gift for the wine connoisseur on your list.
Tip: This would make a great wedding gift, instead of wine names you can put the couple’s name on it.
Do you love a little bling? Look at these Christmas Glitter Pillows I made from the Tulip Glitter Sheets.
And a wood grain pillow with our initials on it.