Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! We love counting down to events in our house. I made this Hershey Kiss Countdown for my kids to grab a kiss for the two weeks leading up to Valentine’s Day. I mean why just enjoy chocolate on Valentine’s Day? It is way better to celebrate longer don’t you think? These are little inverted numbered Hershey kisses meant to countdown to Valentine’s Day. Laura from Say it on the Wall is now carrying the vinyl for this project.
12” x 12” board (I used MDF)
5/8 paddle drill bit
Krylon Cherry Red Spray Paint
Scrapbook paper of your choice
Hershey Kisses (Valentine’s edition)
Mod Podge (I used Gloss)
Foam Roller or brush for Mod Podge
1. Cut your board 12” x 12” — Home Depot or Lowes will do it for you. I eyeballed where to start the holes for the kisses it looks like the top of the holes are about half way down the board. Measure out every 1.5” and make a mark. This is where you will drill your holes. Using a 5/8” drill bit– drill your holes but do not drill all the way through the board. The top of the bit will poke through the back but don’t drill the wide part of the bit more than 2/3 of the way. This will allow the Hershey kisses to set in there and stay. This is what the bit looks like.
2. Lightly sand the board especially around the holes. Spray prime and paint it. I used Krylon’s Cherry Red Spray Paint.
3. Using my Silhouette machine I cut out “KISSES” out of a piece of patterned paper (it was a Love Notes pattern) in the Pharmacy font found at dafont.com.
4. Using gloss Mod Podge I adhered the letters to the board and then sealed the whole board with a coat of Mod Podge as well.
5. Then I printed and cut out the numbers 1 through 14 (with my Silhouette machine) and adhered them to the back of the Hershey Kisses with a Glue Dots.
6. Then I cut out the vinyl using the Premium White vinyl from Silhouette and adhered it to the board (font: Freehand 521 BT).
7. Set it on an easel, I got mine from the Dollar Tree, and you got yourself a fun countdown time!
Here is another version of it in pink.
Click here to purchase the vinyl from Say it on the Wall.