White, Orange and Yellow Paint Samples (Behr, Valspar Paint, Sherwin Williams, etc.)
Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
Wax paper to cover surface
Jeweler’s pliers or needle nose pliers
1. Gather orange, yellow and white paint samples from your nearest hardware store. I used Behr Paint. Buy here are a few others that work great too…Valspar, Sherwin Williams, Martha Stewart Living. 2. Cut strips of each color making the orange strip wider than the yellow and the white. 3. Take the strips of paper and glue them down to another paint chip sample making sure that you glue them down on the wrong side of the chip. Sandwich them between two books and weight them down so you get a nice seal. 4. When they are all dry cut out a shape of a candy corn. Don’t worry about perfection. Imperfection means added whimsy!
5. Take some Mod Podge Dimensional Magic and starting on the outside edge and working your way to the middle put a nice thick coat on your paint chips.
6. Let it dry overnight. Flip it over and add the Dimensional Magic to the other side and wait for that to dry.
7. After your piece is fully dry it will have a beautifully thick and shiny gloss coat over it.
8. To make the edges smooth rub the sides onto a fine grit sanding sponge. The one I use is 3M SandBlaster pad in a fine grit. That will make everything look neat.