Are you so sick of my paint stick projects? I might be obsessed with these slim pieces of wood. There are just so many things you can do with them. Since I inherited a box of paint sticks, anticipate more projects in the future. So Krylon asked me if I wanted to participate in a Spring project featuring a color pallet of their choosing. So they sent me two color pallets (one of which I will showcase later this week) to use to create something Springy.
Since my builder basic plastic numbers weren’t doing my house any favors I figured adding some POP of color could certainly help. I mean after all this is what I started with…
6 – 5 gallon paint sticks
tape measure and pencil
Krylon spray primer
spray paint (I used Rich Plum, Bright Idea, Shimmer Metallic Blue and Jasper Natural Stone)
plastic address numbers
3M sanding sponge
1. With my chop saw, I cut two paint sticks about 17” long. Then I cut up 4 other paint sticks to 5” for a total of 12 sticks. I sanded the sticks smooth so it would take the paint well. Wipe dust.
2. Next I spray primed all the wood pieces and the plastic numbers.
3. Then I sprayed 4 of each 5” stick with the three different colors.
4. The letters and the back 17” pieces got sprayed with the Krylon Natural Stone in Jasper.
5. After dry I glued the 5” pieces onto the 17” pieces using nickels as spacers. Let it dry overnight.
6. Using small nails, nail the numbers in place.
7. I used a nail gun in the 4 corners to tack it in place using a level to make sure it is straight.
And now I have some Spring POP to my front porch. Once I plant some flowers and my plants begin to bloom it is going to be gorgeous!
Check out how Michelle did the same project but stained hers and used more modern letters. I love that!
For more paint stick projects check out these fabulous projects below.
Disclaimer: This was a compensated project from Krylon. To see more of their fabulous color line check them out here.