I am always searching for measuring cups and/or spoons. I think I have about 5 sets and none of them are complete. I am always in search of the perfect organization for my measuring cups. So when I was perusing Pinterest I came upon this brilliant idea from Family Handyman and decided to give it a whirl…with an IC spin on it of course.
Measuring Cups and spoons
3/4” cup hooks
two 5-gallon paint sticks
4 wood screws
Spray paint and primer
miter box and saw
fine sanding sponge
electric drill and drill bits
1. I asked my local Home Depot for some 5-gallon paint sticks and they gladly gave me several. These are the perfect rails to hang some cup hooks on because they are solid wood and they are FREE!
2. I cut these to size cutting off the handle part with the miter box and handsaw.
3. I sanded each stick to give it a smooth surface that was ready to be painted. Next I spray primed and painted the sticks. With my electric drill I predrilled my holes through the sticks so the wood wouldn’t split when I screwed it into my cabinet.
4. Then I screwed the rails into place making sure I had enough clearance from the shelves and the bottom of the cabinet.
5. Next I screwed the cup hooks in place making sure there was enough room in between cups/spoons.
6. Because I just couldn’t stop there I applied vinyl to mark where each spoon/cup goes. Perfect!
I hope this system works. It seems like I have a better chance of keeping them organized this way. Tossing them in a drawer just wasn’t working for me…the junk drawer monsters were eating them.
Note: After a day of clanging stainless steel cups and spoons I switched to plastic to reduce the noise.
Do you want another way to use 5 gallon paint sticks? Hang your jewelry on it here.