I love Stella & Dot Jewelry. I adore the big, chunky baubles and unique designs. Unfortunately, I just can’t justify the expense of the beauties when I know I can find a way to make it for less than that. My friend Rebecca and I made a version of the Vintage Tassel Necklace. I actually like all the mixed metals but I am not crazy about the white bead necklace they used.
(All from Hobby Lobby)
Metal Gallery Filigree Spheres Bronze (#171751)
Metal Gallery Filigree Spheres Gold (#412585)
Metal Gallery Filigree Spheres Silver (#413534)
Bead Treasures 10 MM Dragonball Crystal (#722397)
Metal Beads 10mm Filigree bead Cap Silver Plate (#887950)
Metal Gallery Cable Chain 60” (#748012)
2” eye pin
round nose pliers
1. Cut 8-10 lengths of 5” of cable chain with your wire cutters.
2. Open up the eye pin and thread the middle of four lengths of the chain onto the eye. Thread two more lengths (the middle again) onto a jump ring and then slide two more (middle) on top of the eye pin. Connect the jump ring to the eye (in the middle of the stack) and close the eye.
3. Thread the filigree bead cap onto your eye pin.
4. Thread the filigree balls onto that. Then make a basic loop (click here to watch a how to video) at the top.
5. Cut a length of the cable chain to 30”. You can add a clasp onto it but since it is so long I just closed it with a jump ring. It slides over your head easily enough that a clasp isn’t necessary.
Pair it with the Hex Nut Necklace and you have yourself a beautiful combo.