I needed to change out my President’s Day pillow and update it with the current season/holiday. So I started playing around with my Silhouette machine and cut out some fabric to create a St. Patty’s Day pillow.
Green & White Damask Fabric
Button penny (see President’s Day pillow for penny how-to)
12” x 16” pillow form
1. I found a four leaf clover image online and converted it to cut out on my Silhouette machine. Email me if you would like the file. Using the CAC Pinafore font from Dafont.com I typed out the word “lucky.”
2. I ironed on the Heat N Bond Ultrahold onto the back of my fabric. Then I removed the backing and adhered it to my heavy carrier sheet.
3. I cut it out with my pink cap on a 33 thickness and a speed of 3 with a double cut. It worked okay but I did have to trim it a little. I am anxious to try the Silhouette Fabric Interfacing as soon as arrives at my door.
4. I ironed that onto my canvas fabric. I thought adding a little lucky penny was a cute embellishment.
5. I just made an easy fold over enclosure on the back.
Check out some more canvas drop cloth pillows here…
Left to right: Christmas Subway Art Pillow, Chalkboard Fabric Silhouette Pillows, Lucky Pillow with Domed Penny Button, Pottery Barn Nest Knock Off Pillow, Presidents Day Canvas Pillow, Definition of Adventure Pillow, Christmas Glitter Ornament Pillow, Home Sweet Home Pillow