Today I have teamed up with some other bloggers to showcase Krylon Looking Glass Mirror-Like spray paint. It is my new favorite. I had never used this spray paint before the last couple of weeks. I first had fun doing a mercury glass technique for my last Krylon Christmas Floral Centerpiece. And today I sprayed some old Jack Daniels bottles with it for a little Christmas vignette.
Upon further inspectio,n and reading my past post where I used the bottles for a project, I have realized I have hoarded my stash for two years. Yikes! Any locals need some JD bottles? HA!
Well enough about my addiction, obsession, collection. Let’s talk Krylon Looking Glass and how this stuff can transform regular glass bottles, wine bottles or any glass for that matter into a reflective, mirror-like finish.
1. I used my Silhouette Cameo machine to cut vinyl spelling out the word” joy.”
2. I adhered it to front of the clean JD bottles.
3. Then I sprayed the bottles with five coats of Krylon Looking Glass spray letting it dry one minute in between coats.
4. After I sprayed the last coat I let it sit for 5 minutes to dry (it dries super fast!) and then used a stick pin to remove the vinyl.
5. Since I sprayed the outside of the bottles I was able to add some fresh Christmas greenery inside with some water.
And there you have it…gorgeous vases. Wouldn’t they be pretty with a monogram on it for a wedding or anniversary? Or you could spell out a last name on a mantel? The reflective quality is just stunning.
Do you want to see some more Krylon Looking Glass in action. Check out Laura from Finding Home to see what she created.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post through Krylon. You already know my love for Krylon and the zillion projects I have done in the past. All opinions are my own as well as my ideas.