I love versatile jewelry that can go with any outfit. These simple clear briolette beads can be matched to go with any outfit simply by changing out the ribbon.
My original inspiration came from the Halcyon Halo Necklace ($32) from Anthropologie. I loved the aqua with the clear crystals. But then I took it a step further wondering if I could change out the ribbon and bring some more versatility to it.
2 small lobster claps
2 crimp beads
2 ribbons ends for each color ribbon you make
1/4” grosgrain ribbon
lighter to seal the ribbon
clear crystal beads (mine were Crystal 6 x 9mm Glass Teardrops from Bliss Beads ($3.99 retail) found at Joann Fabrics)
1. 84 beads come on the strand. That will make two necklaces. So divided them and restring 42 of the beads onto the beading wire. Attach a lobster clasp to each end with a crimp bead holding it in place.
2. Cut two lengths of ribbon. Crimp the ribbon with the ribbon end. Do the same with the second length.
3. Make two small bows. Singe the ends with a lighter in order to seal them so they will not fray.
4. Now you can either hot glue the bows in place or slide the ribbon end through the back of the bow. This extra step adds some feminine flair but also covers up the unsightly silver findings a little.
5. Attach the lobster clasp to the ribbon ends on both sides.
6. Now tie tit at the height you want it. Cut off any extra ribbon and singe the ends so they do not fray. I like leaving the ribbon long because I think it looks cute hanging in the back.
Enjoy your versatile, interchangeable, adjustable, crystal briolette necklace!