I am so excited to host a Great Ideas Day linky party.
I rarely ever have linky parties so I am a little nervous I might be the only one who shows up. But that is okay…I can rock a party by myself, right? Here is why I love the idea of a Great Ideas Day linky.
1. I am the first person to tell people about a product I love, a restaurant that is wonderful, a movie I adored, a recipe my family loved, etc. I love it when people share in my love of something. It makes me happy when someone buys a product I love and they love just as much.
2. I am always looking for tips, tricks and ideas to make my life easier, my home cleaner, chaos streamlined, and my family life richer and special.
3. Everyone has a great idea! There is one thing that you do that I don’t know about that. Even if it is a small tip I WANT TO KNOW! Do you have a beauty secret or product you love? An idea for storing socks, belts or underwear (I would totally love to know that!)? How to stretch a buck on vacations? Come on I know you have a good idea!
So here are my Great Ideas…
1. I have a tad obsession with kitchen gadgets. I actually asked my mom to buy me a breadmaker when I went off to college. And yes I still have and use said bread machine. My latest obsession is frozen yogurt.
I have been trying to lose some el — bees so frozen yogurt is a sweet treat that is low cal. Well we got a new yogurt shop in our town called Ella’s. Many of you Utahans and west coasters have yogurt shops all over the place but this is pretty big stuff for Indianapolis. Well after spending $60 in like a week time frame there (ok, I exaggerate) I decided to buy one myself.
After a bunch of research I got the Cuisinart one. What I love about this one is that you put the bowl in the freezer. When it is frozen you take it out and then add your ingredients to the frozen bowl and pop it on the machine for a bit. It literally takes like 15 minutes to freeze and no salt or ice needed. LOVES!
2. I have been on a chocolate chip cookie making spree since school started. I love those Nestle or Toll House ready made cookies. But they are pricey! So I just make my own frozen cookies balls using the Original Nestle Tollhouse Cookie recipe.
To make the perfect cookies I use Pampered Chef Small Scoop. They make just the right sized cookies and they come out to a 100 calories each. One recipe makes about 75 cookies with that scoop. I then flash freeze them for 30 minutes and then take them out and put them in a Ziploc freezer bag and store them.
Then you pop them out when you are ready and cookie them (frozened) for 6 1/2 minutes. Perfect size, perfect cookie.
I know many of you have read this book. But if you haven’t it will revolutionize your relationships with your spouse and children. It is a hugely popular book but it is worth repeating or rereading if it has been a while.
Back when my husband and I were dating I remember going out and spending like $150 on some new clothes for him. I was so excited to show him what I had picked out for him. He was grateful but he was disappointed. His first concern was how much I spent on him. Of course, I was completely offended because it was a GIFT and to me, it didn’t matter how much I spent. The fact that I thought about him and went from store to store to pick out something he liked was valuable to me.
Later on in the week, he wrote me this amazing love letter filled to the brim with how wonderful he thought I was and why he adored me. I appreciated the letter but after a few weeks he was so upset when he found it shoved in a basket with my coupons.
Here is the deal…my love language is “receiving gifts” Tim’s love language is “words of affirmation.” Naturally we love people the way we want to be loved. So in buying Tim clothes I was just doing for him what I would have loved for him to do for me. This book opens your eyes to how to love those around you the way they want to be loved.
And because I am feeling all sentimental and want to love on my readers one of you who link up will win all of my “GREAT IDEAS!” I am giving away a Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt Maker, the Pampered Chef Small Scoop and a copy of The 5 Love languages to one lucky Great Idea Day participant! So link up below.
So what is your GREAT IDEA?