The 4th of July is just around the corner and ideas for red, white and blue desserts, favors, and decor will be abundant in blogland. In fact I have teamed up with over 100 other bloggers to inspire you to celebrate America the Beautiful. At the end of this post you can hop around and see all the different projects. So inspired by some Pottery Barn melamine star serving set I took a different spin on this with some bamboo serving pieces from the Dollar Tree.
2 piece bamboo serving pieces (Dollar Tree)
Red, gray and white acrylic paint
Patriotic “red white and blue and stars and stripes” Silhouette file
Silhouette Cameo machine with vinyl and transfer paper
pouncers or foam brushes
1. Start by taping off with the blue painter’s tape the part of the spoon that will touch food.
2. Lightly sand the handle to give it some tooth for the paint to stick to and to smooth out any rough edges.
4. Cut out your Silhouette file and apply to the front of the handle.
6. Once dry remove the vinyl stencil using a pin to remove the middles of o’s and d’s.
7. Once completely dry lightly sand it to give it a little worn look and to even out any bleed through.
8. Wipe clean and spray the handle with a clear sealer (make sure to tape off the area that touches the food if you accidentally removed your tape already like I did).
Make sure you hand wash and do not throw them in the dishwasher. These are beautiful pieces perfect for your patriotic tablescape.
Pottery Barn Inspiration:
My take on it: