About a month or so ago I attended a party at my friends house with several crafty vendors and multi-level marketing companies present. I got this adorable little handmade hair accessory that I have worn a zillion times since then. I decided I needed a bunch more, especially when I found my daughter had thieved the one I had. They are super simple to make. If you are a crafter you most likely have buttons and fabric scraps lying around. If not, look at any craft store and you will find plenty to choose from.
Alligator clips with the teeth (these stay in WAY better than the toothless ones)
patterned grosgrain ribbon
lighter (to seal ribbon edges)
hot glue gun
buttons, mini flowers, rhinestones, etc
1. Start with cutting a small felt circle and two small leaves. You can just freehand this since you can’t really see them.
2. Glue the leaves onto the circle.
3. Cut the grosgrain ribbon with a dovetail end. Singe the edges with the lighter to seal. Glue those on top of the leaves.
4. Cut the glittered ribbon with a slant edge and glue those down on top.
5. Next make a rolled rosette or some other kind of larger piece and glue that down. Next add buttons or other rhinestone type embellishments making sure to glue them down tight together.
6. Lastly glue your alligator clip on the back.
The sky is the limit on these. They look adorable in up dos or just a piece of hair swept to the side. And they are cute enough to be worn my mom or child.