Felt, Leather or Faux Leather Material (1 9×9 square per flower)
A clip (I got a package at the Dollar Store)
Here’s what you do:
1. Cut 6 flowers out of your material. I made a handy download to make things even easier.
2. Cut out two 3 inch x 3 inch squares
3. Cut out 2 leaves of an alternating fabric.
4. Take one of the flowers. Put a bead of glue in the center and fold it over.
5. Then put another bead of glue in the center and fold it over again — so it’s quartered.
6. Do this to all 6 flowers.
7. Lay one of the squares in the middle of your work space.
8. Hot glue the leaves to one end of the square.
9. Hot glue two of the flowers to one end of the square. Put the straight edge of the flowers against each other so that the curves sides face outwards.
10. Take two more folded flowers and hot glue them in the center of the flower, facing up, so you are gluing the straight edge of the flower to the square.
11. Take the remaining two flowers and glue them to the other side of the square. Use your fingers to squeeze the flowers together as the glue cools.
12. Open the clip and slip the square through the middle of the clip. Shut the clip and then glue one side to the flower.
You can add a bead to the center too if you want to add a little color or pizazz!
Thanks for letting me come over Beckie!! It’s been fun!
You are most welcome friend. Jen is my very favorite craft blogger. I know every single one you follow her already so introducing you to her is probably silly. But check out Jen’s most recent project. There is a party in her pantry!
Welcome to Day 4 of Pennywise Presents. Today we have Jen from Tatertots & Jello visiting to show us how to make a flower embellishment. Flower pins, headbands and belts are everywhere tight now. Come ride the rage and check out this tutorial.
Hi! I’m Jen from Tatertots and Jello! I’m so excited to be here on Beckie’s blog – I adore her (the feeling is mutual friend) . I love making things that are beautiful for almost nothing, so when Beckie said she was going to do this Pennywise Presents series — I jumped at the chance to participate!
Today I’d love to share a little tutorial on how to make flowers that can be used for all kinds of different gifts!
You could even make some paper ones and use them on gifts!!
I made one out of leather and I love it clipped to a belt. So much fun! Did you know that you can buy bags of leather remnants at Hobby Lobby for as little as $2?? And then use the pieces to make great leather accessories!!
This is a 15 minute gift idea that will cost you between $1-$2 for each flower and they make great gifts!
Here’s what you need: