Tidy Mom is here on Day 15 to share with us three different ornament ideas with those glass ball ornaments. They are all quick and easy and would make a stunning addition to your Christmas tree.
Happy Holidays IC readers!!!! I’m Cheryl, aka TidyMom! When I am not baking, crafting or running around with my camera you can find me over in my little corner of the universe at TidyMom.net.
I was beyond thrilled when Beckie asked me to join the Pennywise Presents series!!
Handmade gift ideas for $10 or under?
Easy Peasy!! I knew just what I wanted to share!
Come along…………lets make someone SMILE!
You can pick up a box of 4 or 6 at most craft stores for well under $5 (use a coupon and get them even cheaper) – making each one $1 or less.
First up, and probably my favorite……….the Glitter Snowflake!
1 clear glass ball ornament
Beacon Glitter it! (found at Hobby Lobby – used my 40% off coupon)
- Per instructions on the bottle of GLITTER IT -remove hanger from ornament and add one tablespoon of white vinegar to one cup of warm water and pour a small amount into the ornament. Swirl around to thoroughly clean glass. Empty ornament and rinse well with warm water. Let dry completely. (do this step a day a head or use a hair dryer to speed up drying like I did lol)
- Pour a small amount of GLITTER IT into ornament. Swirl around to coat the entire inner surface. Add more if needed.
- Immediately add about 1 teaspoon of fine glitter to inside of ornament . (I poured some glitter onto a piece of paper with a fold and use it to guide/pour the glitter into the ornament) then rotate and shake ornament until the inside of the ornament is completely covered with glitter. If necessary, add additional GLITTER-IT and glitter until all areas are covered.
- Turn ornament upside down and shake away any excess glitter.
- Add vinyl snowflake to outside of ornament. (I cut mine with my Silhouette SD from the free library)
- Replace hanger, (*note – I spray painted the hanger with white spray paint to give some contrast.)
We made Snow Filled ornaments last year and enjoyed them so much, they were first on our list for this year! This is a GREAT last minute gift idea, because you can seriously make one in under 5 minutes.
1 clear glass ball ornament
Epsom salt (you can buy this at any drug store, super store or even the dollar store)
- Removed hanger from ornament
- Fill ornament 1/2 full with snow “Epsom salt”
- replace hanger
- add vinyl letter (you can buy vinyl letter at the craft supply store, or cut them with your craft cutter)
- add ribbon bow around hanger.
They even look nice with out the vinyl……….
What a great gift for anyone, but especially for those who don’t have snow!
Last up……….but certainly not least………a little more bling! Tinsel Filled
1 glass ball ornament
- Remove hanger.
- Cut a small piece of tinsel garland (approx 4-5′) twist and insert into ornament.
- Place vinyl letter on the outside (again, you can purchase the vinyl letters, or cut with a Silhouette SD or other craft cutter).
- Replace hanger.
Again………super easy………..super fast…….VERY inexpensive.
I hope you have fun making some of these ornaments for gifts…….they’re so quick and fun, you can even let the kids help make their own personalized ornaments to place on the tree! The possibilities with these clear glass balls are just endless!! I’ve even seen small pictures dropped inside ( print on copy paper, roll the photo and drop into ornament, then use tweezers to move it around inside the ornament! )
GO craft………..Have FUN!! ………….Don’t forget the Christmas music and hot cocoa!