As a Christ follower, Christmas is a time for me to celebrate the birth of Jesus. Often with the chaos of the holiday my focus on Christ gets lost in the presents and decorations. I thought this year what better way to help me celebrate my Savior than to create a “12 days of CHRISTmas journal” that I can use to take time out of my day to focus on my Savior. I had Louisa from Flipawoo Designs help me to create a printable for this purpose. Each of the 12 days before Christmas I have selected a passage of Scripture or a video applicable to the birth of Christ to help you focus on the real reason for this season. On each of the 12 pages you will have a spot for journaling and a written prayer all in a cute little keepsake accordion journal.
3 pieces of colored 12” x 12” cardstock (I used black)
2” hole punch
3” hole punch
paper cutter with scoring blade
Aleene’s Taccky Dot Runner
1. Score 2 of the 12” sheets of paper at 3” 6” and 9”.
3. Using your Aleene’s Tacky Runner attach the 4 accordion folded cardstock pieces together overlapping the ends.
4. Next cut a 6” x 12” piece of coordinating cardstock out. Score it at 3” and 3 1/2”. Then measure from the 3 1/2” score and score again at 3” and 3 1/2”. Then score the last little bit in half. Here is a picture to illustrate that.
5. Fold the right side over and glue in place. Fold the rest of the lines inward.
6. Next attach the accordion onto the front flap and middle piece using Aleene’s Tacky Dot Runner. Then you will be able to fold it all up and the accordion pages will be hidden inside.
7. Cut out all of the printable pages using the marks on the page as a guide. Adhere them in place with Aleene’s Tacky Dot Runner. There will be 12 pages.
8. Using Aleene’s Tacky Tape Runner adhere “Come Let us Adore Him” onto a red piece of cardstock and then onto the back of your journal.
9. Using a 2” hole punch cut out the “12 days of CHRISTmas” and then cut out 3” circle out of coordinating red cardstock, glue the smaller circle on of top. Adhere half the circle onto the front cover so it overlaps the flap. On the inside of the flap use velcro as a closure.
And there you have it. Please let me know if you decide to take this challenge with me. We will start December 13th.
Thank you to I Love to Create for providing the Aleene’s Tacky Tape Runner for this project. Find my post disclosure here.
Aleene’s products are available at Michael’s stores or online at Ilovetocreate.com.