Spring isn’t quite here in Indiana, in fact it snowed yesterday. I swear this is the longest winter in the history of winters! However, I have faith that only a couple of more weeks and Spring will be here to stay. I can’t wait to see my first daffodil blooming! Making a birdseed wreath is a fun way to welcome in Spring. These are so simple to make and would make great hostess or housewarming gifts.
4 cups of wild bird seed
1/2 cup of warm water
1 envelope of Knox gelatin
3/4 a cup of flour
3 tbl. light corn syrup
1. Spray your bundt pan with nonstick spray.
2. Mix your Knox gelatin with 1/2 cup of warm water, whisk until mixed. Then whisk in the flour and corn syrup.
3. Add your bird seed and stir coating the seed well with a wooden spoon. Then pour it into your greased bundt pan.
4. Next press it tightly with the back of a wooden spoon into the bundt pan. Use wet hands to press it more if you need to. Let it dry overnight.
5. Once completely hardened overnight it will come right out of the your pan.
6. I used some drop cloth fabric strips ripping it to tie a ribbon around it and add a bow. Hang it in an area that won’t be exposed to the rain.
Here are few other recipes to try:
This is a repost from March of 2012