I am a fan of jewelry. Not dainty, fine, pretty jewelry. But the big, gaudy, blingy kind. When it comes to earrings, the longer the better. And I adore dangly drop ones. I fell in love with the $48 Piccadilly Chandelier Earrings from Anthropologie. So when Michaels challenged me to ReCreate something I decided these pretty chandelier earrings would be just the right project.
They were super simple to ReCreate with a few supplies from Michaels and a little wire wrapping.
Bead Gallery Briolettes – Michaels
Bead Landing Earring wires –Michaels
Chain nose pliers
Flush cut pliers
Round Nose Pliers
Artistic Wire Brand 22 gauge wire – Michaels
Bead Landing Circle Connectors – Michaels
1. Start by threading the wire through the briolette. Leave a tail and cross the two pieces of wire in the middle. Pinch the top with your chain nose pliers.
2. Begin wire wrapping down towards the briolette. Stop when the hat on the briolette is as far down as you want it. Using your flush cut pliers cut the wire in the back where you won’t see it. Then using your chain nose pliers squeeze the wire snug with the wrapped wire.
3. Using your flush cutters leave about 1/2” tail on the top wire. Using your round nose plier form a loop at the top.
4. Open the loop up and thread both of the circle connectors on. Close the loop.
5. Add the other wire wrapped briolette to the top of the circle connector as well as the earring wire. Close the loop.
Admire your long dangly earrings. Shake your head a little. You can hear them too
I couldn’t stop there. I also grabbed some smaller briolettes from Michaels and used those with the smaller sized circle connectors in the pack.
I can’t decide which ones I like the best.
I got all my supplies for 40% off so I spent right at $15 plus tax. Not bad for 6 pairs of knock-off earrings at $2.50.
ReCreate with Michaels. Check out ways they ReCreated by checking out their Lookbook.