2 sheets of decorative paper
3 pieces of cardstock
Glue stick or double-sides adhesive
1. Cut the decorative paper into a 6 ¾” x 6 ¾” square. I use a guillotine style paper cutter.
Using the same paper cutter cut the cardstock to 8 1/2” x 8 1/2” squares.
2. Using an Exacto knife and a straight edge (I use a quilter’s ruler) cut your foamcore down to 4 ¾” x 4 ¾”.
You should have all the supplies cut to size now looking like this…
3. Now you will begin folding your cardstock. You will double fold everything – meaning that you will fold once and then fold on the same fold in the opposite direction (back) making the paper very flexible.
Fold the paper in half and the double fold it.
Now fold the paper in half the other direction and double fold that.
Lastly fold the paper diagonally and double fold that.
You will do this to all three sheets of cardstock.
Note: You only fold one diagonal not two.
4. Apply glue stick (or double sided scrapbook adhesive) to the top and bottom square. This will be the middle piece of cardstock.
7. Place the cardstock aside and grab a sheet of the decorative paper and one of the foamcore. Lay the decorative paper face down and put the foamcore on top. Apply double sided adhesive to the left and right of the foam core and glue the paper on. It should look like this.
8. Now fold the corners. You don’t want to fold them down completely but have enough room to fold it over. There should be enough of a space to put the scissors between the fold and the foamcore.
Fold those over and glue them.