Last week I showed you how I made the paint stick “God Bless America” sign as part of my patriotic wall decor. I also added a trio of mini ruffle wreaths to a chalkboard barnwood frame that I will show you today. You have seen my ruffle wreaths before I know. I made some Thanksgiving ones, and also some Valentine’s Day ones. I just keep making them because I love the texture and how easy they are to make – that is, of course, if you have the Sizzix die cutting machine with the circle die.
15 red, white and blue fat quarters
2 1/2” Circle die
Sizzix Machine – I have the Vagabond
ribbon for a bow
Stick pins to attach bows
1. Cut out all of your fabric using the 2 1/2” Circle die cut with any Sizzix machine. I personally have the Vagabond machine, which is the cheapest I have ever seen it on Amazon right now at $139.49.
2. Next using a Styrofoam Poker Tool press the center of your circle into your styrofoam wreath. If you use a Styrofoam brand wreath the fibers just kind of provide teeth for the fabric to stay put when you do it this way. I can’t vouch for any other kind of wreath since I haven’t tried it with other brands.
3. Fill your wreath up nice and full going back and adding more circles where needed trying to vary the colors.
4. Once all three wreaths were completed I made some burlap and lace ribbon bows and used a stick pin to pin it to each wreath.
5. I used 3M picture hanging strips on the back to adhere it to a chalkboard frame making it removable once I decide to redecorate.
And it is instant decor and looks right at home with my other patriotic projects. I can’t wait to show you how the entire patriotic wall turned out….tomorrow. See you then!