Today I want to share a contest that Scotch is running (someone is going to win $10000!) and also show you a quick and easy tutorial on how to make a gift bow out of masking tape. Scotch Expressions Tapes are available in over 100 colors and patterns and four varieties—Magic Tape, masking tape, washi tape and shipping tape. I used some of the patterned masking tape to make a little gift bow.
Scotch Masking Tape
Optional: Crop-a-dile and brads
Hot glue gun
1. Take lengths of tape and stick it onto itself making a double-sided patterned masking tape ribbon.
2. Cut the following lengths of the double sided tape ribbons you just made:
3 @ 11”,
3 @ 10”
2” @ 9”
4. Fold the bows and staple them in place. It takes a little practice to figure out how to get the loops all facing one way. But play with it…you will figure it out.
5. Optional: I punched holes with my Crop-a-dile in each of the middle of the bow loops so I could add them to some brads. It made it easier to style. However you could just use a hot glue gun to glue all the loops in place. Start arranging the loops largest to smallest stacking one on top of the other.
6. Make a loop with the 4” piece to stick in the middle with hot glue covering the brad if you used one.
7. Use a glue dot or hot glue gun to add your masking tape gift bow to your present.
I think it is fun to make it in the signature Scotch Blue painter’s tape, possibly for a DIYer in your family.
Are you one of those types of people who love giving gifts? Do you painstakingly shop all year to get the perfect gift for the ones you love for Christmas or their birthdays? And then do you add to the perfect gift by creating a package so beautiful that the recipient just looks at the gift and doesn’t even want to open it because the presentation of the gift is almost as good as the gift itself? Well then you, my friend, need to enter in Scotch® Brand Most Gifted Wrapper™ Contest. Why? Because you could win an all expense paid trip to New York City and $10000.
Create a video to tell them in 3 minutes or less why you have the gift-wrapping skills to be the Scotch® Brand Most Gifted Wrapper™. In the video, display at least one gift that you have personally wrapped and provide at least one gift-wrapping tip. Some of you could do this in your sleep.
They are accepting entries through September 22nd and they will narrow it down to 8 finalists who will fly to NYC in December to have a wrappapalooza or something equally awesome. I would absolutely love it if one of my readers made the top eight. Don’t be intimidated by having to make a video. You got this…just record it on your Iphone and take a chance.
And then one person will win $10000! You could do a lot of gift giving with that big ole check!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Scotch, all opinions belong to me.