I am no stranger to my Silhouette Cameo machine but after two years of working with Silhouette I had never tried the rhinestones. I was very hesitant because I have never had luck with blinging stuff out before using rhinestones. Well I tried the Silhouette rhinestone kit this month and let me tell you…I was impressed. Not only was it easy the rhinestones transferred to the shirt effortlessly. Amazingly enough I did not lose one rhinestone in the transfer! So I created a “love, peace, basketball mom shirt.
Silhouette America rhinestone starter kit
Simply Stencil white paint
1. I purchased the heart, the peace sign, and the basketball rhinestone pattern from the Silhouette store.
2. Then I cut it out of the rhinestone template kit and applied it to the backer board in the starter kit.
3. Then I poured my rhinestones on and used the rhinestone positioning brush to push the rhinestones into the cut holes.
For those stragglers I used the Pick Me Up.
5. I positioned the shapes where I wanted them and iron them for one minute on the wool setting with a press cloth over the transfer tape. Then I turned slowly removed the transfer tape revealing the rhinestone shapes.
7. I let it dry for several hours and then ironed it with a press cloth to set the ink.
Super cute basketball mom shirt!