2. It was brass – which made it ugly.
3. The shade was awful and too big- which made it ugly.
4. The lamp harp was ginormous and raised the shade too high exposing the switch – which made it ugly.
However, it had some major potential. So I busted the lamp apart. That was the fun part! In the process I learned how to wire a lamp. Bonus! I cleaned all the pieces and sprayed the brass parts with a nice silver nickel spray paint.
Then I took some Bright Red craft paint and drizzled it along the insides of the glass balls and let the excess run out the bottom.After dry, I wiped them all down with some Windex.